prw/ton pantwn First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, 1 Timothy 2:1. LIFE TOGETHER Upper Room Study April 19 2010 l ogoV “LOGOS”.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
First of all, then,
I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men,
1 Timothy 2:1
“But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together in Christ.” Eph. 2:4-5
And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding, in order that we might know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. 1 John 5:20
1. We are pretty good people, and God just makes us better – Romans 5:10 For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son
2. We save ourselves by our own good works - Ephesians 2:8-9 8 For aby grace you have been saved bthrough faith; and 1that not of yourselves, it is cthe gift of God; 9anot as a result of works, that bno one should boast.
3. We should love others only if they love us. - Matthew 5:46 46 "For aif you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the 1tax-gatherers do the same?
4. We are to worry about the future - Matthew 6:34 3"Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
5. Follow God for a life of comfort and pleasure - Matthew 6:19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon earth, Matthew 6:21 for awhere your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 10:38 And ahe who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.
VEn avrch/| h=n o` lo,goj( kai. o` lo,goj h=n
pro.j to.n qeo,n( kai. qeo.j h=n o` lo,gojÅ
1. Parallel to Gen 1:1
3. Is Jesus a god?
Jesus answered, a"If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; bit is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, 'He is our God'; 55 and ayou have not come to know Him, bbut I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I shall be ca liar like you, bbut I do know Him, and dkeep His word. 56a"Your father Abraham brejoiced1to see My day, and he saw it and was glad." 57aThe Jews therefore said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" 58 Jesus said to them,
"Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham 1was born, aI am."
Therefore they apicked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus bhid Himself, and went out of the 2temple.
And I saw heaven opened; and behold, a white horse, and He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True; and in righteousness He judges and wages war. And His eyes are a flame of fire, and upon His head are many diadems; and He has a name written upon Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 And He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood; and His name is called The Word of God.