Welcome to Sophomore Night. Marian School Counseling Department. Tonight’s Topics. What should students be concentrating on Sophomore year. What should they be thinking about to prepare for next year.
Marian School Counseling Department
The student must complete Oneof the following:
-take two AP (Advanced Placement) courses and take the AP exams
-Take two ACP (Advanced College Project) classes that would earn six college credits and pay the IU tuition
-Take one AP class and exam and one ACP class and pay the tuition to IU that would earn three college credits
-Score a 1200 or higher of the SAT Critical Reading and Math portions of the test
-Score 26 or higher on the ACT Composite Score
- The student must have a G.P. A. of a 2.20 or better to qualify.
- Students may either attend Elkhart Career Center or possibly a public high school during the day to earn the experience. Please contact your school counselor if interested.
What are colleges looking for in a student?
1.Colleges want to see the student is taking the most rigorous course he or she can handle.
2. Colleges want the well rounded student. Someone who is involved in either sports, volunteering or both. This shows that the student can manage their time while achieving academically.
3. Depending on what type of college your student is thinking about you need to be realistic on what the GPA requirements are.
4. It is not too early to be looking at admission requirements for colleges.
our office for this information.