The First Humans. Prehistory-3500 BC. Chapter Objectives. Explain the methods scientists use to uncover early human existence Describe the nature of human life during the Old Stone Age Identify the important developments of the New Stone Age
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Early Stages of Development
The Hunters-Gatherers of the Old Stone Age
- All humans today belong to this subgroup of human beings
1. North America to South America (2,000yrs)
2. Northeast North America
Roles of Men and Women
Use of Fire
1. What were the different roles of Paleolithic men and women, in regards to finding food?
- Women gathered berries, nuts, and fruits
2. Why was finding food the principal work of Paleolithic peoples?
- Needed food for survival
The Neolithic Revolution
The Emergence of Civilization
What Makes a Civilization?
Art and Architecture
System of Writing
1. Explain the methods scientists use to uncover early human existence
2. Describe the nature of human life during the Old Stone Age
3. Identify the important developments of the New Stone Age
4. Define civilization and identify the characteristics of a civilization