Training and Procedural Manuals. Section A. Staff Training and Quality Assurance. Staff training that is relevant, and given at the appropriate time for the activity that is being planned will help maintain quality in any process
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The most accurate datais obtained directlyfrom the source.
Verbatim Training Guides
Field Supervisors to Train Enumerators
Despite attempting to administer the same questionnaire, with the same procedures, given the same training, interviewers vary in what types of people they succeed in attracting to participate.
1. Visit units with access impediments (barriers) first as it may take longer to reach the unit.
2. Single person households tend to be at home less frequently.
3. Know the area – for example, Sunday through Thursday evenings often have higher at-home rates.
Any Adult Household Member
Inability to respond (language, health, access)
Typically respondents are different than non-respondents
Highlight areas of higher nonparticipation
1. Know the Survey
2. Have a Good Introduction
3. Ask Questions Exactly as Worded
4. Protect Confidentiality
5. Enter Responses Correctly
Survey and Purpose
1. Conducting the interview too fast
4. Not recognizing an inaccurate response
Probing is used to:
Probing can also be done wrong, introducing bias
Enumerator performance should be evaluated not only to assess data quality during data collection but also as a means to improve training and performance in future work. Evaluations should be conducted: