Yr 11 Earth and Environmental Science. Planet Earth and its Environment- FA4. DP1-Identify photosynthetic bacteria as the first organisms to release oxygen into the environment. Cyanobacteria , the first organisms capable of photosynthesis, appeared earlier than 3000 million years ago.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Planet Earth and its Environment- FA4
Identify photosynthetic bacteria as the first organisms to release oxygen into the environment
1) What were the first organisms responsible for releasing oxygen into the environment?
2) Identify the biological process used by these organisms to release oxygen into the atmosphere
3) Identify the role played by the first photosynthetic organisms to appear on the Earth
Discuss the role of precipitation and photosynthesis in the removal of carbon dioxide from the early atmosphere
4) Describe one way in which carbon dioxide was removed from the earth’s early atmosphere
5) Discuss the role of precipitation and photosynthesis in the removal of carbon dioxide from the early atmosphere
Predict and explain the differences in composition of the oceans before and after the evolution of photosynthesis
6) Predict two changes in the composition of the oceans after the evolution of photosynthesis
7) Explain why these changes occurred