Riddle of Hypnosis. Objectives- The Student will. define hypnosis Formulate a list ( number sequence- student skill ) of the nature of hypnosis Be able to trace steps to hypnotize someone Compare and Contrast two theories of Hypnosis (Venn Diagram) . Base definition.
Riddle of Hypnosis
A procedure in which the practitioner suggests changes in the sensations, perceptions, thoughts, feelings, or behavior of the subject
Hypnotic responsiveness depends more on the person being hypnotized than on the skill of the hypnotist.
Hypnotized people can’t be forced to do things against their will.
Feats performed under hypnosis can be performed by motivated people without hypnosis.
Hypnosis does not increase the accuracy of memory.
2. Hypnotized people cannot be forced to do things against their will
3. Feats performed under hypnosis can be performed by motivated people without hypnosis
4. Hypnosis does not increase the accuracy of memory
5. Hypnosis does not produce a literal reexperiencing of long ago events
Hypnosis doesn’t produce a literal re-experiencing of long-past events.
Hypnotic suggestions have been used effectively for medical and psychological purposes.
6. Hypnotic suggestions have been used effectively for many medical and psychological purposes
Effects of hypnosis result from interaction between social influence of the hypnotist and the beliefs and expectations of the subject.
Can explain “alien abduction” and “past-life regression”