Breaking the 35 Plateau In Church Revitalization. Today in the United States and Canada there are over 100,000 Protestant congregations that average less than thirty-five in the main weekly worship services. The small church represents twenty-five percent of all churches.. There are at least fiftee
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Breaking the 35 Plateau In Church Revitalization By
Dr. Tom Cheyney
Helping Today's Churches Succeed Tomorrow!
2. Breaking the 35 Plateau In Church Revitalization Today in the United States and Canada there are over 100,000 Protestant congregations that average less than thirty-five in the main weekly worship services.
The small church represents twenty-five percent of all churches.
3. There are at least fifteen characteristics of the small church today. Regardless of denomination, these fifteen elements appear predominantly throughout the small church. THE SMALL CHURCH IS SINGLE CELLED
THE SMALL CHURCH HAS A SENSE OF FAMILY
THE SMALL CHURCH IS INFORMAL IN NATURE
4. THE SMALL CHURCH DISPLAYS TREMENDOUS LOVING AND CARING
THE SMALL CHURCH ENABLES QUICKER INVOLVEMENT
THE SMALL CHURCH HAS HEAVY RELIANCE UPON VOLUNTEERISM
5. THE SMALL CHURCH MISSES ABSENTEES IMMEDIATELY.
THE SMALL CHURCH FINANCING IS PROJECT RELATED
THE SMALL CHURCH IS PARTICIPATION CENTERED NOT PERFORMANCE CENTERED
6. THE SMALL CHURCH HAS VERY LIMITED POINTS OF ENTRANCE
THE SMALL CHURCH FOCUSES ON ONE EVENT
THE SMALL CHURCHES PASTOR MAY HAVE IMPACT BUT IT IS NOT NECESSARY
7. THE SMALL CHURCH IS LED BY STRONG LAY LEADERS
THE SMALL CHURCH GROWTH PATTERN IS SMALL GROUP DESIGNED
8. THE SMALL CHURCH ATTRACTS MEMBERS FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS Interviews with members of new churches reveals a variety of reasons for joining and becoming involved:
new work is exciting and rewarding
new work attracts new people
provides opportunity for involvement
allows small group involvement.
9. GROWTH OBSTACLES FOR THE SMALL CHURCH
10. SO WHAT ARE THE STRENGTHS OF 35 PARTICIPANT CHURCHES?