IT FORUM March 23, 2010 RoyalDrive Tony Gazoo Applications Administrator IT Development & Applications. Outline. 1. What is RoyalDrive 2. Access 3. Benefits 4. Home Directory/Group Directory 5. Functions/Options 6. Tickets 7. Scanning into RoyalDrive 8. Demo of RoyalDrive
March 23, 2010
IT Development & Applications
1. What is RoyalDrive
4. Home Directory/Group Directory
7. Scanning into RoyalDrive
8. Demo of RoyalDrive
Who has access to RoyalDrive?
Where do I access RoyalDrive?
If editing files (options):
1. Launch Web Folder*** - Located within RoyalDrive (WebUI)
2. Save to desktop, edit, upload
3. Install Xythos Client*** - Located in Support/Downloads folder. Click Run, Run, Setup.
May need to temp disable your virus protection
software prior to install.
- Access: Work, Home, On the road
- Security: Documents stored on server, backed up, encrypted
- Simplifies Documentation Collaboration:
share data, review documents, view changes in one central location
- Use of file links and tickets: eliminates the need for email file attachments significantly reducing the burden on email servers
- Example: Sungard
- WebUI: Directly into it at login.
- Client: Click Users Folder, then your
- Users are granted a default quota of 500MB
in their home directory. This quota includes
files that have been placed in the trash
- Group directories make it easier for departments and groups to share and manage common files.
*Dept Meetings, Dept Projects
- Group Directories are granted a default quota of 1GB.
- WebUI: Click on Yellow folder icon in Home Directory/Groups Folder
- Client: Click on Groups Folder
- Not all functions available as in the Home Directory.
- Can also set time limits.
AMH - 116