Bellringers. April 28 th – May 2 nd. DIRECTIONS:. Read the passage Read the current day’s questions Choose the correct answer by writing the letter and the answer on your paper Turn in your bellringers on Thursday. 4/28 -4/29 Passage.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
April 28th – May 2nd
Your body does a lot of things amazingly well. But as incredible as your body is, it can still be attacked by germs. Germs can invade your body, and until your body gets rid of them, you feel sick. There are many different kinds of germs, and all of them are too small for you to see without a microscope. One kind of germ is bacteria (bak-TEER-ee-uh). Bacteria are one-celled forms of life. They can grow outside the body, but they can also grow inside the body. Ear infections and strep throat are caused by bacteria. Food poisoning is also cause by bacteria. Some bacteria are actually good for your body. They help you digest what you eat and drink. But many kinds of bacteria can make you very sick.
1. What is this text mostly about?
2. How does this text feature help a reader: (bak-TEER-ee-uh)?
3. What does the prefix micro- tell you about a microscope?
4. Which sentence is a passive sentence?
5. Which word describes one-celled forms of life?
There are few types of germs that can invade your body and make you sick. Some of those germs are viruses. Viruses are a little different from bacteria. While bacteria are one-celled forms of life, viruses are not. In fact, many scientists don’t consider viruses to be alive until they are in a cell. That is because viruses need to be inside a cell to grow. When a virus gets inside a cell, it uses that cell as a host and lives on the nutrients in that cell. Then, it reproduces itself and makes more viruses. Those viruses invade more cells and use them as hosts. Viruses are smaller than bacteria, but they can still make you very sick. Most colds are caused by viruses. Viruses cause the flu, chicken pox, and measles, too.
1. Which index entry would include this text?
2. Which word in a text is important to know and could be shown in bold or italicized print?
3. Which word is a synonym for reproduce?
4. What is the phrase inside a cell an example of?
5. Which word has the same meaning as invade?