What is Rejection. to discard as useless or unsatisfactoryto cast out or eject vomitrefusal, spurning, dismissaleliminationto refuse to have . The Strong Few. The are few people in this world who have to deal with intense rejection.But if you are to walk a life of Christ, you will find yours
1. OverComing Feelings of Rejection Beth Moore
Praying God’s Word
2. What is Rejection to discard as useless or unsatisfactory
to cast out or eject
refusal, spurning, dismissal
to refuse to have
3. The Strong Few The are few people in this world who
have to deal with intense rejection.
But if you are to walk a life of Christ,
you will find yourself involved in some kind of rejection.
Scripture: Philippians 3:10
“I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings”
Part of conforming our lives to Christ means that in our lives there will be a time that we will endure suffering…
4. Life of Jesus The bible records that Jesus was rejected by his own people. Back in those days, being a part of the group was the most important thing. It would determine where you lived, whether you could go to the temple, where you could go within the city, where you would be accepted.
In fact it was so important, that there were many Jews that wanted to follow Jesus, but feared the rejection of the group. It was more important to them to be accepted, than their own internal conviction.
5. Standing If you are in an environment that is all wrong, but you have the light of God in you should you stand for righteousness?
Is the group’s approval more important than standing on the cornerstone of God?
How long do you stand?
Where do you stand?
Is it worth it to stand?
6. Don’t lose heart Scripture: 2 Corinthians 4:16
Do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an internal glory that far outweighs them all.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is UNSEEN. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is ETERNAL.
7. Example When Jesus was rejected by His people, it was essential for Him to see the road ahead of Him; not what was physically in front of Him.
He could see the outcome. He could see the heaven that was coming. He knew that all of this pain needed to happen, but that wasn’t what He was focusing on.
# 1 Key: Fix your eyes on Jesus, and you will get past any trouble. If you stay in your own self pity, of course, it will feel that it is too much to overcome.
Don’t Believe the Lie
8. Shouldering Shouldering is a term I use when you have fallen, and you reach out to God to have Him extend you His shoulder.
When you fall or are in danger, cry out to Him. Look to Him and reach out your hand to Him. He will extend His arm and He will shoulder you as He picks you up from your pain.
9. Victory There is massive Victory in
standing for righteousness.
That whoever denies Jesus, Jesus will also deny to His Father, and whoever proclaims Jesus, He will also proclaim you to His Father.
Jesus is in heaven and He goes to God and says, “You’re not going to believe what my child has done for me. Even though she is hurting, she is proclaiming her love for Me. She is praising me even though she has been “rejected” by man. Can you see what she is doing for my Glory? Do you see my precious child down there? Look at how she loves me…”
In the midst of immense pain, there can also be joy…
10. Change Perception & Focus With the active ability to look at Jesus and think of His reactions during your period of pain, you can and will have the strength to stand while being rejected.
Standing in the intense current, as the wave washes over you… while you are still standing.
Rest assured that it is okay if you close your eyes to the physical realm, and look on Jesus as you both wait in patience for the pain to pass down. He waits with you... He is with you… He is lovingly watching you my child…
11. 2 Samual 22:29-37 You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light. With Your help, I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.
As for You, my God, Your way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. You are a shield for all who take refuge in You. For who is God besides You, Lord? And who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. You make my feet like the feet of a deer; You enable me to stand on the heights. You train my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me Your shield of Victory; You stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me so that my ankles do not turn.