The Age of Jackson. Missouri Compromise . When Missouri applied to a part of the Union, they had 10,000 enslaved African Americans At the time, there were 11 Free and 11 Slave States represented in the Senate.
John Quincy Adams Andrew Jackson William H. Crawford Henry Clay
The Electoral College is a process, not a place. The founding fathers established it in the Constitution as a compromise between election of the President by a vote in Congress and election of the President by a popular vote of qualified citizens.
General Andrew Jackson
John Quincy Adams
* It concentrated the nation's financial strength in a single institution.
* It exposed the government to control by foreign interests.
* It served mainly to make the rich richer.
* It exercised too much control over members of Congress.
* It favored northeastern states over southern and western states
Turn to page 125 in your books
Read sections entitled “Native Americans” and “Policy of Removal”
Put in your own words:
“What is it?”
“Why is it significant?”
Answer on a separate piece of paper to turn in