Math 1B Final Review. Unit 6 Standards. Day 1: Distance and Midpoint. Find the distance between (4, 2) and (-4, -4). What is the perimeter of BDE? . 3. Find the distance from (2, 5) to the x-axis. Day 1: Distance and Midpoint.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Math 1B Final Review
Unit 6 Standards
3. Find the distance from (2, 5) to the x-axis.
4. Find the midpoint of the segment connecting (4, 7) to (-2, 3).
5. A ship sails from point (1, 2) to point (5, 5), as shown. At which point had the ship completed exactly HALF of its trip?
6. On a coordinate grid, the movie theater is located at (0, 0) and the mall is located at (4, 3). If the bowling alley is located at the midpoint between the theater and the mall, what is the approximate distance from the bowling alley to the mall? (Note: 1 unit = 1 mile)
7. What is the MOST specific name for quadrilateral ABCD?
d. isosceles trapezoid
8. What is the MOST specific name for quadrilateral LMNO?
11. One interior angle of a rhombus is 75. What are the other 3 angles?
This is an example of ______________ reasoning.
15. Ivan takes the square root of numerous nonnegative numbers and concludes that the square root of a nonnegative number will always be a positive number.
Josh says Ivan is wrong because 0 is a nonnegative number and 0 = 0, which is not positive.
What type of reasoning is Josh using?
16. Based on the given statements, which statement must be true?
I:If Sarah makes all A’s and gets a scholarship, she will attend a four-year college.
II:Sarah will attend a junior (two-year) college.
III:Sarah made all A’s.
If an angle measures 30°, then it is acute.
Then, decide whether each of these four statements are TRUE or FALSE.
18. Parallelogram ABCD has the following coordinates. A: (1, -3) B: (1, 0) C: (4, 2)
What are the coordinates of point D?
19. Square ABCD has the following coordinates. A: (2, 2) B: (1, 4) C: (3, 5)
Find the coordinates of point D.
20. We can find the length of FG using the Distance Formula: FG = (3 – 1)2 + (-1 – 3)2 Which formula also represents the length of FG?
a. FG = 4 + 2
b. FG = (4 + 2)2
c. FG2 = 42 + 22
d. FG2 = 42 + 22
21. To find the length of AC, we could use the Pythagorean Theorem and AC2 = 32 + 22. What other formula could we use?
a. AC = (0 + 3)2 – (1 + 3)2
b. AC = (0 + 1)2 – (3 + 3)2
c. AC = (0 – 3)2 + (1 – 3)2
d. AC = (0 – 1)2 + (3 – 3)2
22. Given: Two angles each measure less than 90.
Conjecture: The angles are complementary.
If the given statement and conjecture are false, find a counterexample to show this.
23. Jamal states that the conjecture is true:
If a and b are integers, then a ÷ b is an integer.
Provide a counterexample to prove this conjecture false.
***The SHORTEST distance is the
***How is the PYTHAGOREAN THEOREM
related to the DISTANCE FORMULA?***