National and regional update. Penny Kirk End of Life Care Programme Manager Yorkshire Cancer Network. DH Bereavement Working Group. DH Lead identified for bereavement Commissioned literature review: Current service levels across England
End of Life Care Programme Manager
Yorkshire Cancer Network
empathy, training in helping bereaved people, tissues – the little
staff changes right through the process from nursing care to funeral
– assessment, communication, symptom management, advance care planning
1. Holistic Assessment of Carer/ family member needs
2. Emotional support
- sources of support, communication/counselling skills, language barriers, support for those with learning difficulties.
3. Practical support
5. Talking about Death
- cultural issues, taboo subject, developing skills in feeling comfortable talking about death.
- breaking bad news, models of grief, how to recognise ‘complicated’ grieving, appropriate sign-posting to other services
16th to 22nd May 2011
Membership organisation for all those who provide bereavement support services (primarily NHS)
‘World’s first magazine to celebrate life and death’
[email protected] after a death in hospital…?