Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Preparing for Hajj Key Q: How do Muslims prepare for Hajj?
2. Starter: You have crash landed in a dessert: You can carry upto ten items which do you take:
4. LO: Know: What Muslims do to prepare for Hajj
Understand: Why Muslims prepare for Hajj
Think about the difference between need and want
5. Write the definitions in your book: Pilgrimage
A religious journey.
A trip or visit with the purpose of having fun, or seeing new places.
Journey with a special purpose.
6. Hajj Hajj is a journey with a special purpose. The pligrimage to Makkah, which almost every Muslim will do is called Hajj. Evey Muslim who is fit and can afford it is expected to go on Hajj at least once in their lifetime.
Before going on Hajj they make special preparations including making sure that their family is taken care of whilst they are away and preparing themselves spiritually.
Packing for Hajj is very different from packing to go on holiday. One important thing they will take is a ihram for men this is two white, unsewn pieces of cloth. One is tied around the waist, the other is put over the shoulder. For women it is a long white dress and head covering.
Everyone wears the same clothing to show that everyone is equal.
7. What to bring? Not allowed:
Cutting hair or nails
Killing any living creature
Hajj is about concentrating on Allah and not material things.
8. Hajj is the _________ to ______ which every Muslim who is ______ and can afford it goes to once in their lifetime.
During Hajj pilgrims show they are equal by wearing the ____ .