Chapter 5 . Optical Systems M ake use of Mirrors and Lenses!. 5.1 The Ray Model of Light. Sir Isaac Newton – developed the particle model of light- thought that light was made of tiny particles that travelled in a straight line until they entered the eye.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Make use of Mirrors and Lenses!
•Light is made up of both the particle model and the wave model = the ray model of light.
•Light is represented as a straight line showing direction of travel
•Most light rays get through but they are scattered
in all directions (Example: frosted glass)
•Incoming ray = incident ray
• Ray that bounces off = reflected ray
• Right angle between the two rays
• Normal line is at right angles to the reflecting surface
• Angle of incidence (i) = Angle of reflection (r)
= Law of Reflection
Questions # 1-7, 9
There will be a homework check!
1. Objects appear to be smaller than they are
2. More objects can be seen than in a plane mirror of the same size
Questions # 2-7, 11