Presentation Outline. Introduction to the Department of Facilities and Services (www.fs.uiuc.edu)Description of Construction Programs/Contracting ProcessContractor ServicesJob Order ContractingCapital ProjectsQuestions
1. Doing Business With the U of I Facilities and Services Construction Division Overview of Construction Programs and Contracting Processes
Gary Biehl, Assoc. Director. Project Coordination and Quality Assurance
LaTonya Webb, Contracts Specialist
2. Presentation Outline Introduction to the Department of Facilities and Services (www.fs.uiuc.edu)
Description of Construction Programs/Contracting Process
Job Order Contracting
Questions & Answers
3. Facilities & Services
Pull up the website and explain the different departments and their functions. The F &S hyperlink goes to – about FS, the org chart, dept overview goes to homepage.Pull up the website and explain the different departments and their functions. The F &S hyperlink goes to – about FS, the org chart, dept overview goes to homepage.
4. Construction Programs and Contracting Processes Contractor Services Request System
Job Order Contracting
5. Job Order Contracting A JOC is a competitively bid,
indefinite quantity Contract.
has established unit prices.
Job Order are issued against the Contract.
Owner provides a definition of work scope and/or scope documents
Contractor furnishes all management, documentation, design and incidental drawings, as required, labor, materials, supplies, parts (to include system components), transportation, equipment and supervision needed to perform the Work as required.
6. Capital Projects Over $250,000
Most Require Engineering
Must Be Competitively Bid
UIUC Project Management Required
Managed Using Web-based System PRZM
7. Contractor Services Request System (CSRS) The Contractor Service Request System (CSRS), created by Facilities and Services, is an electronic, web based method of purchasing construction services on the UIUC campus. It was developed to better manage small projects whose values where below the State of Illinois construction bidding limit, currently $36,600.
8. CSRS RFP Process and Required Information RFP PROCESS
Typically Advertised in May on the Higher Education Procurement Bulletin Website at http://www.procure.stateuniv.state.il.us/
Proposals due in June
Proposals review and ranked by committee
Contractors put on list by July 1
9. CSRS Proposal Required Information IDHR # (For more information, contact IDHR, Public Contracts Unit, Suite 5-100m 100 West Randolph Street, Chicago, IL 60601 or Call (312) 814-2431 or see the following Web Site: http://www.state.il.us/cms/.
TIN (IRS Form SS 5)/FEIN (IRS Form SS 4)/Social Security Number
Pay prevailing wage rate http://www.state.il.us/agency/idol/rates/rates.HTM
# of years in business
Financial/business information (previous receipts/key employees)
MAFBE Certification (optional) – CMS Business Enterprise Program http://www.state.il.us/cms/1_selling/bepprgm.htm
10. CSRS Evaluation Criteria The RFP sought to establish a list of readily available contractors, pre-approved to do work on campus. The following list of qualification criteria was basis for evaluation of the proposals:
Strong track record for providing the type of services proposed
Ability to perform requested services
Equipment and facilities currently available to perform the requested services
Favorable recommendations from references
Understanding the University and its environment
Adequacy of financial resources
Compliance with RFP specifications
11. CSCS Continued Divisions of Work –
No guaranteed minimum or maximum award
Bid hourly rate
12. CSRS Workflow Process Department identifies scope of work to be accomplished
Requests a bid from contractor(s) on the list
Purchase order requested/issued
13. CSRS Statistics
14. Questions and Answers
For more information call the
Construction Division at