. . . . 100. 100. 100. 100. 100. 200. 200. 200. 200. 200. 300. 300. 300. 300. 400. 400. 400. 400. 400. Hopkins Heroes. Holy Cow, Batman! Where Are We?. Superman?No, Super Service! . It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's
3. Daily Double Graphic and Sound Effect! DO NOT DELETE THIS SLIDE! Deleting it may cause the game links to work improperly. This slide is hidden during the game, and WILL not appear.
In slide view mode, copy the above (red) graphic (click once to select; right click the border and choose “copy”).
Locate the answer slide which you want to be the daily double
Right-click and choose “paste”. If necessary, reposition the graphic so that it does not cover the answer text.
4. This peculiar first name was simply a family affair; it had been his great-grandmother's maiden name.
5. In charge of the day-to-day activities of the hospital when it opened, later this gathering place was named to honor him.
6. He began his career here as an administrative intern; this Hopkins Hospital executive is the first non-physician to hold this position.
7. In 1980, this Hopkins cardiac surgeon was the first to implant a cardiac defibrillator.
8. Surrounded by notes and flowers, also known as Christus Consolator.
9. Nation’s first eye center to combine research with patient care.
10. Named after the first chairman of psychiatry.
11. This Hopkins center bears the name its benefactors committed to improving efforts to treat digestive diseases.
12. More than 180,000 calls are handled by this group of employees each month.
13. Its slogan is “It’s What You Say; It’s How You Say It; It’s What They See.”
14. This volunteer group manages coffee bars, gift shops, Carry-on Shop and sponsors fundraising events.
15. In 1962, this annual award was created by Dr. and Mrs. Theodore King to recognize the significant contributions of non-supervisory personnel who are outstanding in patient care and support areas.
16. William Halsted introduced the use of these in the operating room – let’s give him a hand.
17. The other name for blood pressure cuff.
18. 500 of these are returned to the hospital each day.
19. This weekly publication provides employees with important news and information.
20. Over the years, 30 individuals associated with Hopkins, have won this – in peace, physics, medicine, chemistry and economics.
21. This magazine ranked The Johns Hopkins Hospital “Best of the Best” in 2004, marking 14 consecutive years.
22. Receiving an Emmy for Best Made for TV movie, this HBO Film depicted ground-breaking heart surgery at Hopkins.
23. In November 2003, Hopkins Hospital nurses were the first in the region to receive this coveted status.
24. Credits Customized by the Office of Corporate Communications for JHM
Design by Stephen Gaede
Questions by Shereen Jahed, Kara Yeager, and Amanda Lindeman
Original template by Bill Arcuri, WCSD