Business communication. Methods of employee representations. Resolving industrial disputes*. Next lesson. Business communication. Internal
7. Video clip Apprenticeship
8. Bad & good presentation
11. Employee groups These are forums made up of staff, management & HR personnel.
They meet to discuss issues that affect employees.
12. Trade Unions These are national groups that negotiate on behalf of a group of employees in the workplace.
14. Works Council A committee representing the employer and elected employee representatives who gather to discuss working conditions, grievances and pay.
A works council has to be introduced by law, if a company employs 50+ staff and are located in two or more EU countries.
The minimum requirement:
An election of representative must place
One representative must be elected for every 50 employees. Minimum of 3 and max 30.
16. Resolving Industrial Disputes
17. What is an industrial dispute? When employers and employees (or their representatives) fail to reach an agreement.
Issues could be over
Organisational structure (restructure)
Changes in working conditions
18. How to avoid industrial dispute…. Keeping channels of communication open
Working group involvement
Regular consultation with TU
Effective grievance procedure
ACAS – to offer advice
No strike agreement
19. Homework Textbook – Read Chapter 18
P228 Complete Progress Q’s
2, 3 & 9