Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Fraction Flowchart Decisions and Actions in evaluating fraction problems
2. Decision: What is the operation?
3. Decision: Are there Mixed Numbers?
4. ACTION: Evaluate Whole numbers
5. Decision: Are there common Denominators?
6. Action: Find equivalent fractions
7. Action: Add or Subtract the numerators
8. Decision: Is the numerator negative?
9. Action: Borrow a whole unit
10. Action: Add any whole number part
11. Thats All Folks
12. Decision: Are there Mixed Numbers?
13. Action: Change to improper fractions
14. Decision: Is this a X or a problem?
15. Action: Invert the 2nd Fraction and replace division with multiply x
16. Decision : Is cancelling Possible? Do numbers in the numerators and the denominators have common factors
17. Action Simplify by cancelling
18. ACTION: Multiply the numerators AND the denominators
19. Decision: Is the product improper (top heavy)
20. Action: Change to a mixed Number
21. Thats All Folks