Approach to Inborn Errors of Metabolism. Dr Yaser A. Mohammad. Why did you choose this topic ?. 2 Cases. 2 yrs old boy KCO Ethylmalonic Aciduria. Presenting with bronchopneumonia & Metabolic crisis. Drowsy, acidotic breathing, tachycardic , BP & SPo2 maintained with O2.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Approach to Inborn Errors of Metabolism
Dr Yaser A. Mohammad
Why did you choose this topic ?
RBS : 8 Lactate: 6.5 Ammonia : 40
K : 1.9 RBS : 8 Ammonia 246
- Results from enzyme deficiencies in the pathway of Amino acids degradation.
MERRF ( Myoclonic Epilepsy with ragged red fibres)
- Vomiting and anorexia or failure to feed.
- Lethargy that can progress to coma.
- Seizures, particularly intractable.
- Rapid, deep breathing that can progress to apnea.
- Hypothermia (related to illness, not specific to a particular metabolic pathway).