Strategic Writer Unit D Block GT. Mrs. Demos 2011-2012. Drill 4 9/6. Take out binder, paper, dividers Homework: Parts of Speech Review Objective: TSWBAT organize binders in order to find materials as needed for assignments, class activities, and review.
As long as you are working, Category Green
Category Red—Independent Work
For the rest of class you will think about your goal and where you are. You will write a letter to yourself about 8th grade.
See you in November.
Objective: TSWBAT use writing-to-learn strategies to make connections between learning and prior knowledge in order to develop strategies for writing.
Drill: Category Yellow
Take out phrase and parts of speech notes and prepare for the quiz. You may test each other.
Take out Hunter/Hunted BCR
Homework: MDG Vocabulary
Homework: MDG draft due 10/3
2. What was the objective for Drill 12 on 9/20?
3. What is the definition of Irony?
4. What is an absolute phrase? Give an example.
5. What was the answer to Drill 17 on 9/30?
6. Define dynamic and static character.