ARGUMENTATIVE writing. Directions: You will complete 3 tasks total for your argumentative writing lesson. Task #1: read carefully over the following slides, taking notes on your “Argumentative Essay Notes”. ARGUMENTATION.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Directions: You will complete 3 tasks total for your argumentative writing lesson.
Task #1: read carefully over the following slides, taking notes on your “Argumentative Essay Notes”
Counter Argument (CON) ____
(aka Counter claim)
Pro Argument (PRO) _____
1. a person who disagrees with something and speaks against it
2. the act or process of forming reasons, drawing conclusions, and applying them to acase in discussion
3. point or statement that supports one’s ideas and/or thesis
4. point or statement in opposition to the argument being made in a written documentor speech
5. the process of discrediting the arguments thatoppose your thesis statement
6. someone who argues in favor of something; advocate
a. moving the reader to action,
b. convincing the reader that the opinion is correct, or
c. persuading the reader that the opinion is at least worth considering;
Smoking is harmful to people’s health.
Now go to the next handout in your packet (page 2 of Argumentative essay notes) and complete it using the following slides……
-use Topic Sentence, Concrete Detail, Commentary (TS, CD, COMM) or
-Statement, Evidence, Explanation (S-E-E) or
-Claim, Data, Warrant (CDW)