Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Pre-Manufactured Metal Sloped Roof Carports and Garages
2. First and possibly the more difficult of the two to deal with is the situations concerning existing illegal carports.
Secondly, we must address what to do about carports that will be constructed in the future. Two Serious Scenarios that must be Addressed Concerning Carports.
3. Existing carport owners will be given the opportunity to correct existing issues with their carports within three years. Issues must be resolved by 12/31/2011.
Existing carports in violation of the zoning code must seek and receive a variance or be removed. The variance would be from the standards adopted for new carports. The fee for a variance application will be reduced from $100 to $25 for carport issues through the end of 2011.
Carports must comply with the building code. At a minimum they must be tied down according to a temporary method approved by the Chief Building Official by June 30, of 2009 while going through the permitting process.
A building permit is required. The fee for the permit will be reduced to $25 for existing carport.
Material changes/allowances to the zoning code. Policy Regarding Existing Carports
4. Must comply fully with all regulations.
Material changes/allowances to the zoning code matching colors to primary structure.
A building permit is required.
Require plot plan to verify setbacks and yard location.
Require engineered drawings to assure that the building code is followed. Policy Regarding New Carports
5. a. The exterior wall materials shall be limited to customary residential finish materials. These specifically include: horizontal clapboard siding of all materials; wood and plywood siding; stone and brick, both actual and artificial, and textured finishes such as stucco and stucco board which visually cover the underlying material regardless of the underlying material. These specifically exclude preformed, corrugated or ribbed metal, fiberglass or plastic sheets or panels. Also, excluded as an exterior material are standard concrete masonry units.
Exception: Metal can be used for the walls of the unit provided they have a factory applied and painted finish closely matching the color of the primary structure. Also, excluded as an exterior material are standard concrete masonry units except when the walls of the building are painted the exact color of the primary structure. Policy Regarding Existing and New Carports Ordinance Change 27-1273(2)a.
6. b. The exterior roofing materials for roofs sloped more than 2 in 12 shall be shingles or tiles and not metal, fiberglass or plastic sheets.
Exception: If using a metal roof the color must be a factory applied and painted finish that closely matches the roof color of the primary structure or the color of the primary structure itself if the roof and walls of the accessory structure are to be the same color. Policy Regarding Existing and New Carports Cont.Ordinance Change 27-1273(2)b.
7. Policy regarding existing carports Cont.Anchoring Provisions Not on a Concrete Slab
8. Policy regarding existing carports Cont.Anchoring Provisions on a Concrete Slab