MicroStrategy Connectivity. MIS 497. Project Source. A Project Source is an alias in which connectivity information for all the projects in that Project Source is stored. 2 – Tier Project Source Specifies a DSN and login for a direct connection to metadata. 3 – Tier
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2 – Tier
Project Source Specifies a DSN and login for a direct connection to metadata.
3 – Tier
Project Source identifies the MSTR I-Server machine to which the client will connect.
2 - Tier
MD DSN + login
3 - Tier
MSTR Intelligence Server
WH DB Instance
MD DB Instance
WH DB Connection
MD DB Connection
4. Enter your group name as the project source name, select your metadata DSN and enter appropriate login information
5. Click OK twice, your Project Source is created!
6. Now connect to your Project Source, your default login is Administrator, the password is blank.
7. Now we’ll create Database Instance for our Data Warehouse
8. Go to AdministrationDatabase Instance ManagerRight Click select New Database Instance
9. Name your DB Instance VMALL Warehouse, choose your database type (SQL Server 7.0) and create a new DB Connection:
10. Select your Warehouse DSN in the list of all DSNs, choose Administrator as your default login.
11. Click OK twice, your Warehouse connection is created!