Payment Media Protection Division Integration of Payment Media Testing Office. Cash and Payment Systems Department => Payment Media Protection Division => Payment Media Testing Office (since 1919). 322 - Payment Media Protection Division It provides in particular:
Payment Media Protection DivisionIntegration of Payment Media Testing Office
322 - Payment Media Protection Division
It provides in particular:
6) standardization of procedures for counterfeits detection and rules of trainings on counterfeits detection and their implementation,
7) activities of national centers for a) analysis of counterfeit euro banknotes (NAC), b) analysis of counterfeit euro coins (CNAC), c) counterfeits (NCC),
8) cooperation with police and law enforcement authorities in criminal proceedings, elaboration of expert opinions on counterfeit and altered banknotes and coins for police and law enforcement authorities,
9) recording and keeping of seized counterfeit and altered Czech and foreign banknotes and coins, 10) calculating of compensation for incomplete and damaged banknotes in cases where standard practice is inapplicable,
11) exchange of money specimens with foreign central banks,
12) acceptance and custody of coins of precious metals,
13) custody of gold and other precious metals and other collections.
National Center for analysis of counterfeit banknotes and coins, expert opinions for police and law enforcement authorities, recording and keeping of counterfeits
Trainings on detection of counterfeits
Calculating of compensation for incomplete and damaged banknotes in cases where standard practice is inapplicable,
Supervision over money manufacturers, adherence to established methodology
Custody of gold reserves and other collections of material
National Analysis Centre (NAC CZ)Coin National Analysis Centre (CNAC CZ)
Definition of NAC´s and CNAC´s main tasks:
- Act No. 6/1993 Coll. on the Czech National Bank
- Act No.40/2009 Coll., theCriminal Code
1) CNB Decree No. 37/1994 of 21 February 1994, stipulating the procedure for accepting and handling money and providing compensation for incomplete and damaged banknotes and coins
2) CNB Decree No. 553/2006 of 30 November 2006 on the terms and conditions under which it is possible to reproduce banknotes, coins, cheques, securities and payment cards and to produce objects imitating them.
3) about issuance of new banknotes and coins and commemorative coins,
4) the expiration of banknotes and coins and the type and duration of their exchange .
Project Component 2:Administrative capacity development of the system for fight against counterfeiting of banknotes and coins(NCC, NAC, CNAC, PNO)
Organizational structure of the centers
Training needs analysis
Organisational structure of the centres
The organisational structure of the NCC, NAC, CNAC, PNO in Croatia will be analysed and compared with corresponding units in competent national authorities of the Czech Republic.
Training needs analysis
Training needs analysis will be made, multidisciplinary programme and National Training Plan prepared and elaborated.
It will contain definite priorities, target groups, responsible institutions.
A workshop for the staff of centres for fighting counterfeiting will be arranged.
It will concern, among others, analyses of suspicious banknotes and coins.
It is expected that the Team of Croatian specialists will visit the Czech National Bank to get acquaintedwith respective practice and activities connected with the fight against counterfeiting, money protection, counterfeits analyses and respective trainings.
Thank You For Your Attention