26th May 2005. 2. A PRESENTATION FROM KEY MEMBERS OF THE PROJECT TEAM:. Ben Walker, External Funding Officer, Bridgnorth District Council. Claire Reeves, Community Sports Development Officer, Severn Centre. 26th May 2005. 3. THE SEVERN CENTRE. PROJECT DEVELOPMENT. LESSONS LEARNT
1. 26th May 2005 1 Severn Up - How a Cocktail of Funding and a Cocktail of Providers is Shaking up Rural Shropshire
2. 26th May 2005 2 A PRESENTATION FROM KEY MEMBERS OF THE PROJECT TEAM:
3. 26th May 2005 3 THE SEVERN CENTRE
4. 26th May 2005 4 PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
5. 26th May 2005 5 Where is it?
6. 26th May 2005 6 What is it?
7. 26th May 2005 7
8. 26th May 2005 8
9. 26th May 2005 9
10. 26th May 2005 10 How did it Happen?
The project came about due to a combination of factors:
11. 26th May 2005 11 Funding Package - Capital
12. 26th May 2005 12 Funding Package - Revenue
13. 26th May 2005 13 LESSONS LEARNT
14. 26th May 2005 14 ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT
15. 26th May 2005 15
16. 26th May 2005 16 Reccy Rangers Crime diversion scheme
17. 26th May 2005 17 Coaches Coach Awareness Evening
Links with ScUK CDO for CPD
18. 26th May 2005 18 Coach Education 57 funded places
19. 26th May 2005 19 Assistant Youth Sport Development Officer To establish a network of sustainable physical activity opportunities in the Highley and surrounding areas through direct provision and working in partnership with the Severn Centre, local school, clubs and the community to positively influence community development and the uptake of physical activity.
After school clubs
20. 26th May 2005 20 Physical Activity Coordinator To work in partnership with the Primary Care Trust, Social Services and Childcare Development to encourage and develop physical activity choices for the young, elderly and those on low incomes serviced by the Severn Centre, Highley based on the Exercise Referral Systems: A Quality Assurance Framework.
Up to 15 hours a week
21. 26th May 2005 21 Create new clubs
Enhance existing clubs
22. 26th May 2005 22 Key Agencies
Bridgnorth District Council
Community Safety Partnership
Shropshire Sports Partnership
23. 26th May 2005 23 The Severn Centre is the Hubb of the community.
The development is endless
WATCH THIS SPACE!!!