Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Naturopathy Matthew Leach
2. Outline Definition
Comparison to orthodox medicine
Locating a naturopath
3. What is Naturopathy?
naturopathy is an eclectic field of medicine that promotes physical, psychological and social health and wellbeing through a myriad of natural treatment approaches
4. Principles of Naturopathy Facilitate the healing power of nature
Do no harm
Identify and treat the cause
Treat the whole person
Prevent disease and ill health
Establish health and wellness
The practitioner is a teacher
5. History of Naturopathy Hippocrates
6. Comparing naturopathic & orthodox medicine Treatment approach
7. What is a Naturopath?
A Naturopath is a health care professional who treats a wide range of individuals with acute and chronic health conditions, by applying an array of treatment approaches based on the principles of naturopathic medicine.
8. Who might benefit from a naturopathic consultation? Chronic conditions: arthritis; Irritable bowel syndrome; osteoporosis; eczema; psoriasis; period pain; hypertension; oesophageal reflux; asthma
Acute conditions: colds; influenza; sinusitis; ear infections; urinary tract infections
Prevention: preconception care; stress/lifestyle/diet management
When orthodox medicine fails
When alternatives to orthodox treatments are sought
9. What can I expect from a Naturopathic consultation? Assessment
Diet and nutrition management
10. Where can I find a Naturopath? Professional associations: ATMS, ANTA, ANPA, CMA
Australian Traditional Medicine Society http://www.atms.com.au
Australian Natural Therapists Association http://www.anta.com.au
11. Where can I find more information about Naturopathy? MIMS consumer health group
Australian Naturopathic Network http://www.ann.com.au/subindex_naturopathy.htm
12. Naturopathy Matthew Leach
Telephone: 8302 2071