Naturopathy. Matthew Leach. Outline. Definition History Philosophy Comparison to orthodox medicine The Naturopath Conditions Expectations Locating a naturopath. What is Naturopathy?.
An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Comparison to orthodox medicine
- The Naturopath
- Locating a naturopath
What is Naturopathy?
“naturopathy is an eclectic field of medicine that promotes physical, psychological and social health and wellbeing through a myriad of natural treatment approaches”
Principles of Naturopathy
- Facilitate the healing power of nature
- Do no harm
- Identify and treat the cause
- Treat the whole person
- Prevent disease and ill health
- Establish health and wellness
- The practitioner is a teacher
History of Naturopathy
- Medical dominance
Comparing naturopathic & orthodox medicine
- Treatment approach
- Disease philosophy
- Treatment action
- Practitioner relationship
What is a Naturopath?
“A Naturopath is a health care professional who treats a wide range of individuals with acute and chronic health conditions, by applying an array of treatment approaches based on the principles of naturopathic medicine.”
Who might benefit from a naturopathic consultation?
- Chronic conditions: arthritis; Irritable bowel syndrome; osteoporosis; eczema; psoriasis; period pain; hypertension; oesophageal reflux; asthma
- Acute conditions: colds; influenza; sinusitis; ear infections; urinary tract infections
- Prevention: preconception care; stress/lifestyle/diet management
- General wellbeing
- When orthodox medicine fails
- When alternatives to orthodox treatments are sought
What can I expect from a Naturopathic consultation?
- Diet and nutrition management
- Lifestyle management
- Herbal medicine
- Tactile therapies
Where can I find a Naturopath?
- Professional associations: ATMS, ANTA, ANPA, CMA
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society http://www.atms.com.au
- Australian Natural Therapists Association http://www.anta.com.au
- Yellow pages
Where can I find more information about Naturopathy?
Telephone: 8302 2071