Evolution of Complex Systems Lecture 8: Politics and law Peter Andras / Bruce Charlton [email protected] [email protected] Objectives Society Information subsystem: political system Politics Information subsystem of politics: the legal system The legal system
1. Is it true that everybody participates in the political system ?
2. Is it true that the collection of census data is an action of the political system ?
3. Is it true that a new higher education policy is an action of the political system ?
4. Is it true that elections are meaningless in a democratic political system ? What about in a one-party system ?
5. Is it true that parties are professional institutions in the political system ?
6. Is it true that political institutions add implicit meaning to communications by sharpening the continuation distributions ?
7. Is it true that judges create actions of the legal system ? Do they create also perceptions of it ?