TETRA Experience 2006 Congress Warsaw, June 13-14, 2006 Trunked Radio Dispatcher System for the Polish Power Energy Distribution Companies - Case Study Authors: Jerzy Andruszkiewicz Stefan Wieczorek Electric Power Distribution Companies in Poland
TETRA Experience 2006 CongressWarsaw, June 13-14, 2006 Trunked Radio Dispatcher System for the Polish Power Energy Distribution Companies - Case Study Authors: Jerzy Andruszkiewicz Stefan Wieczorek
Resources of distribution companies: requirements
Infrastructure of analog radio network – Digicom 7
Radio coverage of the analog network used by the distribution companies in the 410 - 430 MHz band: – approx. 80% of Poland’s area,
- 31 local networks belonging to the distribution companies (ZE) and one interregional network (Mazovian group),
- the national network does not exist (including corporation networks in the new distribution companies’ structure)
- approx. 75% of own links connecting RBS with CN
The comparison tests of radio coverage for analog system and two digital systems (TETRA, P.25) have shown that effective coverage is comparable for all systems (for minimum electric field intensity values required for proper work in the distribution company network).
It means that existing BS sites can be used together with new sites filling the gaps in coverage (approx. 150-160 new sites). It will allow to minimize additional capital expenditures.
- voice communications – voice transmission,
- high speed data links,
- better coverage,
- access to the national radio system and to other networks,
- higher level of data confidentiality and work security in the network,
- dispatcher network functions, including service priorities,
- the system should be independent of other radio networks – easy access in emergency conditions (high traffic).
- possibility to use one radio system by many users having different services, transmission security measures and privacy,
- reduction of the unit cost of system purchase and unit maintenance cost (per one user),
- optimum use of the system resources,
- effective use of the frequency band and spectrum management (esp. with 12.5 kHz raster),
- effective use of human resources for system maintenance.
Summary (1): distribution companies will allow:
Summary (2): distribution companies will allow: