Internet Marketing Strategies for Ministry For full notes: http://www.stirgroup.com/ministry - Discovery - Strategy - Implementation - Analysis & Revision Introduction and Overview - Reputation of your ministry - Visibility of your ministry - Draw relevant traffic into your ministry
- Analysis & Revision
- Reputation of your ministry
- Visibility of your ministry
- Draw relevant traffic into your ministry
- Take advantage of an economical way to get your message into the hands of people who are seeking it
Integration of ministry goals with internet marketing - ask the question:
- What would be different in our ministry if we had relevant, interested site visitors coming to our site and interacting with our site content?
- Save staff time (drive traffic to FAQs, events, calendars, pdf downloads)
- Save money (fewer people doing the job that the website can do)
- Reduce frustration
- Generate leads
- Harvest email: grow a ministry asset
- Solidify branding
- Entertain site visitors
- Keep site visitors on your site longer (why?)
- Convey a message
- Persuade a site visitor
- Receive information
- Building a community
- Build relationships - with whom? donors, alumni, shoppers, parents, children
- Reduce specific over-stocked inventory
- Drive traffic to an offline store, event, etc.
Christian Camp and Conference Association
- Increase awareness of camping
- Increase awareness of their specific camps
in specific regions
- Discover donors
- Build donor relationships
- Increase camp registrations
- Recruit staff
- Build a community
- promote safety of campers at your camps
What is it?
Earning the right to rank high in search engine
results for keywords that are important to
To drive relevant traffic to your website at no cost per visitor.
What is it?
Paying per click to appear in search engine results for keywords that are relevant to your ministry and site goals.
Each person who clicks on your ppc ad will cost you (per click) when they land on your website.
To drive relevant traffic to your website - specifically to landing pages that will convert your relevant traffic into a visitor that acts upon one of your site goals.
- Immediate Results
- Can be a specific strategy to drive traffic to one particular goal
- Keyword research for PPC can be very different from the keyword research for Organic Marketing
- Landing-page based strategy
- Goal is to get the most relevant visitor at the lowest cost per click
What is it?
Creating visibility and connection for your ministry through social media sites such as Flickr, Digg, YouTube, Facebook, MySpace
To show up where people are looking.
To have opportunity to speak to masses of people in an authentic way (they can speak back).
To increase ranking in non-text-based search results:
blog searches, video searches, news searches, image searches
- Community building necessarily demands a community.
- Viral component - positive / negative
Sending out relevant, personal and anticipated messages to lists and list segments of your database.
Email marketing continues to be the least expensive, most effective means of communicating with those who are interested in all aspects of your ministry.
- Building an asset
- Permission to Email
- Harvesting email data
- Database: list and segmentation
- Content template
- Editorial schedule
Writing and distributing relevant news about your ministry.
Press releases provide inbound links to your website, visibility in Google News search results and increase the visibility of your brand / organization / ministry.
Press releases tell the world that your ministry is active, growing, relevant, exciting, etc.
- Press Release Strategy
- Content Strategy
- Creating news for your ministry
- Directing news to your specific target audience groups
- Distribution method
This is the strategy where you provide a motivation in order to encourage interactivity, email harvesting, membership, recurring site visitation, etc.
If you are paying for site visitors (either through the hard work of organic marketing or paying per click), it is in your best interest to interact with the site visitor and encourage them to become more committed to your ministry.
- Providing valuable information in exchange for harvesting email data
- Provide valuable savings for a product or service
- Your target audience
A separate website that is created in order to carry topic-specific keyword-rich content.
To rank high in search engine results for a specific keyword / topic in order to drive traffic through to your primary website.
- Domain name
- Keyword rich content
- Pathways to primary website for conversion to specific goals
- Valuable content that is searched for by your target audience.
How do I implement my Internet Marketing strategy?
1.TIME: create a timeline for implementation
2.MONEY: how much do you have to spend
3.PEOPLE: decide in-house our outsource the work
4.GO: do it
Here's some high level Tips and How-To's for implementing your marketing strategies...
•build recicprocal links - get quality links from related sites
•Help your content travel
•make pdf's & submit them to other sites
•give away articles that contain links back to your site
•reply to other blogs or discussion forums - put your website link in your signature
•start with a Google PPC campaign
•can also use Yahoo and MSN's PPC:
•(-) less traffic
•(+) cheaper cost per click
•(+) fewer competitors
1. Create a PPC Account - create an account in Google to start at adwords.google.com
2. Use Google Keyword Tool - use Google's keyword tool for keyword ideas
3. Write Ads - write ads that contain keywords in the title
4. Geotarget - geotarget your ads to your target market
5. Create Landing Pages - create landing pages on your website
6. Google Stats - add google stats to your website
Blog & RSS
•add a blog to your site
•tag your blog posts
•make a RSS feed for your blog (Really Simple Syndication)
•social bookmark yourself
•make it easy to social bookmark your site - add buttons such as "add to technorati"
•upload your video(s) to youtube and all social media video sites
•tag your videos with your keywords
•Rent or develop an in-house email list
•Setup email harvesting tools / database
•Design the Email Creative
•Write the Email Copy
•Split Test to small portions of your list
•Send the best performing email creative
•develop a small website based on one theme or strategy
•implement organic marketing strategies
•write original content
•optimize the content/keywords to match the theme
•use ppc to drive traffic
•use the site to drive traffic to your main website
•always analyze - look at your website stats monthly
•always make revisions - change your site and strategy based on stats
•try Google stats (free) if you don't already have a good web stats solution
•commercial stats providers: omniture, webtrends, clicktracks
•track where you rank in search engines for your targeted phrases
•track how many other sites link to your site (free: marketleap.com)
•don't just track how many clicks you've received
•analyze every keyword
•analyze and revise ad copy
•analyze and revise landing pages
•analyze and revise conversion goals / conversion pathways
Measuring your social media marketing results
•number of friends in social networks
•number of members in your SN groups
•number of comments in your SN group
•traffic from SN sites to your main website
•number of video uploads / views
•number of postings in SN sites & blogs
•Split Test to small portions of your list
•Try different creative & from & subject lines
•track open rates, click rates, click-to-open percentage, conversion rates
•How much traffic from microsite to main website
•Quality of conversions to main website
•Conversions from microsite to main website goals
•Organic ranking of microsite
Internet Ministry Team Job Description
Website Development / Goals Workbook
Internet Marketing E-Book
Viral Social Media Marketing
E-mail info: firstname.lastname@example.org