Group Project Reports. Over the course of the semester, groups made up of 4-6 students each will research and write a professional-quality report that analyzes current demographic and economic trends and forecasts future conditions for Bay County.
1. Use basic techniques for the analysis of demographic and economic data and synthesize findings to draw strategic conclusions.2. Demonstrate ability to synthesize the results of data analysis and present those results to a non-technical audience using appropriate written, visual, and graphic displays.3. Engage in the execution of professional tasks in a group environment and manage the dynamic elements of group process.
Methods To Be Used
1) A draft version of the population section of the report will be due at the midterm. This draft will constitute 10% of your course grade. (Due March 5th by 5:00pm)
2) A draft version of the economic analysis section (optional) will be due in the latter half of the course. (Due April 16th by 5:00pm)
3) The Final Report, consisting of both the population element and an economic element, will constitute 40% of your grade.(Due April 28th by 5:00pm)
These deliverables will each be expected to be of the highest professional quality, with attention specifically paid to: 1) the presentation of the data via appropriate means (charts, tables, maps) and
2) the delineation of a “scenario” that fits well with past trends and emerging issues in the community.
The Ideal Group Project Team
Tips for Working in Groups