Instructions. There are 40 questions from chapters 21 and 22 (20 from each) included in this review powerpoint.I will be choosing ten questions from this powerpoint (5 from each chapter) and ten that are not on this powerpoint.All questions can be successfully answered by completing the Chapters 2
1. Chapters 21-22 Quiz Review Questions
2. Instructions There are 40 questions from chapters 21 and 22 (20 from each) included in this review powerpoint.
I will be choosing ten questions from this powerpoint (5 from each chapter) and ten that are not on this powerpoint.
All questions can be successfully answered by completing the Chapters 21 and 22 reading and associated notes
3. Chapter 21 Which of the following is NOT one of the early modern Islamic empires?
Prior to the Mongol invasions of their empire, who was the Abbasid dynasty dominated by?
What was the original bas of the Ottoman Turks?
Following the Timurid invasions, the Ottoman empire was restored under…
The Ottomans conquered Constantinople and ended the Byzantine Empire in…
4. Ch. 21 Which of the following statements concerning Ottoman naval power is most accurate?
The Janissaries were…
What permitted the Janissaries to gain a position of prominence in the Ottoman empire?
The head of the Ottoman central bureaucracy was the…
What was the principle of succession within the Ottoman empire?
5. Ch. 21 One of the most beautiful of the Ottoman mosques of Constantinople was the…
What did the Ottomans do to Constantinople following its fall in 1453?
In what way were the artisans of Constantinople similar to their counterparts in the West?
What was the chosen language of the Ottoman court?
How did the Ottoman dynasty compare to other ruling families?
6. Ch. 21 Which of the following was NOT a cause for the decline of the Ottoman empire?
On the sea, the Ottoman galleys were eclipsed by Western naval power as early as the… (century)
What European nation first threatened the Ottoman monopoly of trade with East Africa and India?
Which of the following was NOT a result of the Ottoman loss of monopoly of the Indian trade?
Which of the following groups represented such extreme conservatism within the Ottoman empire that reform was frustrated?
7. Ch. 22 Despite their armaments, what factor convinced the Euopeans that they could make little headway against the kingdoms of Asia?
What was the Portuguese lesson learned at Calicut?
What was the initial Port. response to the encounter at Calicut?
What peoples had preceded the Port. in entering the markets and South and Southeast Asia?
Which of the following products was associated with the Arab zone of the Asian sea trading network?
8. Ch. 22 Which of the following products was associated with the Indian zone of the Asian sea trading network?
Which of the following products was NOT one of the products associated with the Chinese zone of the Asian sea trading network?
What was the significance of the mainland kingdoms and island states of the Southeast Asian sea trading network?
What raw materials were the most highly valued exports in the Asian sea trading network?
Which of the following items was more likely to be exchanged within the ports of each of the main trading zones rather than over greater distances between zones?
9. Ch. 22 What was the nature of the sea routes in the Asian trading network?
Which of the following was one of the crucial points in the Asian sea trading network where trade converged?
Which of the following statements most accurately describes the nature of the Asian sea trading network?
Why were the Portuguese unwilling to exchange bullion for products within the Asian commercial system?
Why did the Port. believe they could successfully enter the Asian sea trading by force?
10. Ch. 22 The Port. won a major sea battle over a combined fleet of Egyptian and Indian vessels in 1509 at …
Which of the following was NOT a fortified trading port established by the Port. in the early 16th century?
What trade did the Port. intend to monopolize within the Asian trading network?
How successful was the Port. monopoly on Asian products?
Who succeeded the Port. as the most successful European entrant into the Asian sea trading network?
Where was the chief Dutch trading fortress and port in Southeast Asia?