Work Plan. Promoting Organizing & Decent Work for Youth. By Eun Mi AHN (S. KOREA) ITC-ILO/ACTRAV Training Course A3-00850 (02/07 – 29/07/2007, Turin + Tokyo). Background & Justification.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Promoting Organizing & Decent Work for Youth
By Eun Mi AHN (S. KOREA)
ITC-ILO/ACTRAV Training Course A3-00850
(02/07 – 29/07/2007, Turin + Tokyo)
Background & Justification
Background & Justification(contd)
: Young members of FKTU
: Young workers
: Job seeking youth
- Employment Stabilization Center
- The Korea Labor Foundation
– professor, institution
This work plan would contribute towards empowering youth & strengthening union movement among young workers.
At the end of this project, the following results would be achieved :
Partnership with FKTU - Student Organizat-ion - Youth Organization built.
Increased youth awareness on workers’ right and trade unions.
Youth committee in FKTU established.
Youth Employment Forum’ project organization established
(comprising of FKTU(3), Korea Students Alliance(2), Korea Youth Center(2), adviser(1) ).
Joint research published.
Networks between FKTU’s local legal offices and local colleges established to encourage local colle-ges to orient students, particularly those who are about to graduate on the decent work agenda.
FKTU Youth committee officers identified and trained.
• Output 1-1 :Youth Employment Forum’ project organization established
Activity1-1-1 : Conduct of open forum on `Policies for Promotion
of Youth Employment.`
• Output 1-2 : Joint research published.
Activity1-2-1 : Survey on youth awareness and participation in
Activity1-2-2 : Conduct joint research on Policies for Promotion of
Youth Employment and survey with Korea Student
Alliance, Korea Youth Center, adviser.
• Output 2-1 :Networks between FKTU’s local legal offices and local colleges established to encourage local colleges to orient students, particularly those who are about to graduate on the decent work agenda.
Activity2-1-1 : Joint meeting with Private College Presidents’
Association on possible partnership between
FKTU’s local legal offices and local colleges to
conduct joint campaign on labor law and
counselling for job seekers in colleges.
• Output 3-1 : FKTU Youth committee officers identified and trained.
Activity3-1-1 : Youth union staff workshop on Youth organizing
- Responsible persons of partner Organization specialist
- Professor, institution reseacher.
- Activity in 2007 : FKTU’s unexecuted budget, special budget
- Activity in 2008 : Compilation of the budget is carried out by the Policy,
Organizing, External Bureaus
- Other : Korea Labor Foundation support
- FKTU’s local legal counseling offices
- Ministry of labor, Employment Stabilization Center
- Korean Youth Center, Korea Students Alliance
1) For immediate Objective 1
- 10,000 students in 20 colleges responded to the survey.
- Gathered 8 initial members of the ‘Youth Employment Forum’.
- 100 students and young workers participated in the open forum.
- Initial 100 copies of joint research published and distributed to local
2) For immediate Objective 2
- 10 FKTU legal counselling offices and 10 local colleges work together
to provide Legal and counselling services for young workers and
3) For immediate Objective 3
- 30 participants in the Young Union Staff Workshop oriented on youth
organizing and YEN initiative.
* 1,000 won = 916.9 US$ (as of JULY, 2007)