Name___________________________________________________Date________________________Per._______ . 18.4 in. 17.3 in. 3.5 in. 8 in. 2 in. 20 in. 12 ft. 10.5 m. 13 ft. 8 m. 12 cm. 9.2 in. 9 cm. 12 in.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
8) A party hat like the one below is going to be filled with candy.
If one cup is about 14.4 cubic inches, about how many cups of candy
will fit in the party hat?
9) A rectangular pyramid has a length of 12 cm, a width of 7 cm, and
a height of 8 cm. Explain the effect on the volume if each dimension
were doubled. The volume is increased from 224 cm³ to 1,792cm³
10) Which of the following baking pans will hold more cake batter?
the cylinder baking pan holds more cake batter
11) A candle is in the shape of a cylinder. The radius is 5 cm and the
height is 10 cm. Find the volume of the candle. 785 cm³
12) A company makes sandboxes that measure 5 ft by 4.5 ft by 2 ft.
A customer already has 26 cubic ft. of sand. How much more
will she need to buy in order to fill the sandbox completely? Justify your answer. The customer will need 19 more cubic feet of sand
13) A basketball has a radius of 6inches. What is its volume? omit
14) One cabinet measures 4 ft. by 3.5 ft by 2.5 ft. Another cabinet measures 3.5 ft by 5 ft by 4ft. Which cabinet has the greater volume? 1st cabinet = 35 ft³ and 2nd cabinet = 70 ft³
The second cabinet has a greater volume
15) The area of the base of a triangular prism is 32 in². The height of the prism is 16 in. What is the volume? 512 in³
16) The volume of the box below is 15 in³. B
Which of the following are possible dimensions of the box?
A) 2.5 in. by 1.5 in by 5 in C) 1 in by 3 in by 4 in
B) 2 in by 2.5 in by 3 in D) 3 in by 2 in by 3 in
About 18 cups
10 in 5 in = radius