Standard 9 Human and Environmental Interactions: Resources, Hazards, and Health Human and Environmental Interactions: Resources, Hazards, and Health Geographic distribution of hazards in the form of natural disasters Regional resource Issues Role of technology in shaping our world
Related searches for Standard 9 Human and Environmental Interactions: Resources
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Standard 9 Human and Environmental Interactions: Resources, Hazards, and Health
Major Fault Lines of the World
Area where 13 earthquakes have killed over 90,000 people between 1954-1989.
Rank; Date; Event; Location; Death Toll
1. 1931 Yellow River flood, Yellow River, China. 850,000 - 4,000,000
2. 1887 Yellow River flood, Yellow River, China. 900,000 - 2,000,000
3. 1970 Bhola cyclone, Ganges Delta, Pakistan. 500,000 - 1,000,000
3. 1201 Earthquake, Eastern Mediterranean. 1,000,000
5. 1938 Yellow River flood, Yellow River, China. 500,000 - 900,000
6. 1556 Earthquake, Shaanxi Province, China. 830,000
7. 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake/tsunami. 250,000 - 310,000
8. 1881 Tropical Cyclone, Haiphong, Vietnam. 300,000
9. 1642 Flood Kaifeng, Henan Province, China. 300,000
10. 1976 Earthquake, Tangshan, China. 242,000 *
* Official Government figure. Estimated death toll as high as 655,000.
hurricane warnings, as well as tornado sirens, and the emergency broadcast system
Sahel Region of Africa between 1954-1989.
Map provided by:
Nigeria, Chad, Sudan, and the "Horn."
Model of proposed project provided by Wikipedia
View of Three Gorges Dam Project (at left) in 2000
Source: NASA Images
9.3 Role of Technology between 1954-1989.
Source: WHO, www.who.int/en/