Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. NOUNS 2 fjcasey/12/09
2. What is a noun? A noun is a naming word. It can be the name of a person, place or thing.
3. The dog followed the boy. dog is the name of an animal boy is the name of a person
4. Can you find the nouns in the following sentences?
5. 1. The window was broken. Which word is a noun? Yes it?s
6. 2. I lost my knife. Which word is a noun? Yes it?s knife.
7. 3. The bun was stale. Which word is a noun? Yes it?s bun.
8. 4. The coat was too short. Which word is a noun? Yes you are correct! Coat is the noun.
9. 5. The cat ran away. Which word is a noun? That?s right it?s cat.
10. 6. The girl washed her hands. Which words are nouns? Well done!
There are two nouns: girl and hands.
11. 7. The dog barked at the policewoman. Which words are nouns? Dog and policewoman are nouns.
12. 8. Winter is the coldest season. Which words are nouns? Winter and season are nouns.
13. 9. The ferry arrived safely. Which word is a noun? Well done!
Ferry is the noun in this sentence.
14. 10. Only one sweet was left in the dish. Which words are nouns? The two nouns are sweet and dish.
15. REMEMBER Nouns are naming words. guitar house doctor bicycle