Care of client with traction . By : Miss. Sana’a AL-Sulami. Outlines: . Definition of Traction Indication for Traction Classification of Traction Complications of Traction Assessment and Diagnostic Evaluation of Traction Principles to follow when caring for the patient in traction - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Care of client with traction
Miss. Sana’a AL-Sulami
Traction is used to
is applied with hands to temporarily immobilize an injured part. A firm, smooth, steady pull is maintained . Manual Traction is used during casting, reduction of a fracture or dislocated joint.
potential complications that may develop include the following:
The wound at the pin insertion site requires attention .
1. the site is covered with sterile dressing.
2. the nurse must keep the area clean.
3. Slight serous oozing at the pin site is expected.
4. the nurse assess the pin site and drainage for signs of infection.
During traction therapy:
1. The nurse encourage the patient to exercise muscles and joints that are not in traction to guard against their deterioration.
During the patient exercises :
1. The nurse ensures that traction forces are maintained and that the patient is properly positioned to prevent complications resulting from poor alignment.
Venous Stasis and Deep Vein Thrombosis