Rules and Expectations for English Class Classroom Rules: 1. Speaker Courtesy 2. Respect 3. Be Prepared 4. No Foul Language. 1. When someone else is talking, I will not talk. When someone else is talking I will pay attention which means my eyes, ears, and face, are pointed to them.
1. When someone else is talking, I will not talk. When someone else is talking I will pay attention which means my eyes, ears, and face, are pointed to them.
2. Respect self, property and others. This means that I will not put-down others, I will not write on the desks or walls, I will put all my garbage in the trash can, and my hat will be off.
1. Every day when I walk into the classroom I will gather all the materials that I need. This includes all the handouts that have been set out, and anything I need to be successful that day.
Warmup all the materials that I need. This includes all the handouts that have been set out, and anything I need to be successful that day. Time2. Everyday I will do warmup. When I walk in my classroom it will be on the board. I will not talk or ask questions during warmup. If I do not understand, I will just try. I may not ask Mrs. Combs any questions during warmupI have 5 minutes at the beginning of class to complete the warmup. Warmup will be collected on Fridays for a grade.
4. I am a young adult and will be treated as such. When I need a pass I will wait until the time is right, then ask for one. Mrs. Combs reserves the right to refuse me a pass if she thinks I have been abusing the privilege, without explanation!
There will be no cell phone use in this classroom unless directed by the teacher. The teacher will be very clear when you are allowed to use your cellphone, otherwise DO NOT USE YOUR CELLPHONE IN CLASS!!!
What happens if I use my cellphone in class?
2. Cell Phone Jail for the rest of class
3. Write Up
First ask a neighbor what you missed, if there are notes get them from a classmate.Next, see me BEFORE school, NOT during class (I can’t handle it ), to get any handouts or assignments you do not understand.
Let’s review… them from a classmate.When is it appropriate to ask for permission to go to the bathroom and to perform actions that require you to get out of your seat?