Introduction to Psychology. Class 12: Learning 2 Myers: 224-255 July 5, 2006. Writing Assignments Speaking of media effects… - A much-more-than-a-million dollar “fantasy” bra - Tyra Banks gives her “successor” baby wings
Related searches for Introduction to Psychology
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Class 12: Learning 2
July 5, 2006
- A much-more-than-a-million dollar “fantasy” bra
- Tyra Banks gives her “successor” baby wings
- Medical dramas and plastic surgery (foot surgery to wear heels?)
- Are eating disorders becoming fashionable?
- Was Team America violent?
UCS and UCR in that example?
Thought: What one loses in “learning” helplessness is the perception of personal control.
- Aversive conditioning: antabuse
(Replace a positive response to alcohol with a negative response of nausea)
- Systematic desensitization: virtual reality treatment for a flying phobia
(Progressive relaxation based on slowly increasing exposure to flying)
E.g. getting a hug, a good grade, a cookie on finishing homework—all reinforce studying
E.g. fasten a seatbelt to turn off the beep, push snooze, smoke a cigarette to relieve stress
E.g. spanking, parking ticket
E.g. curfew, revoked driver’s license