Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Lab Safety Symbols
3. Open flame Open flame may ignite flammable chemicals, loose clothing, or hair
5. Toxic Chemical Sign Substance may be poisonous if touched, inhaled, or swallowed.
7. Radioactive Materials sign This symbol appears when radioactive materials are used.
9. Biohazard (Biological) Sign Organisms or other biological materials that might be harmful to humans
11. Eye Safety This symbol appears when an eye danger exists. Safety goggles should be worn during the experiment.
13. Disposal This symbol appears when care must be taken to dispose of materials properly.
15. Clothing Protection This symbol appears when substances could stain or burn clothing
17. Animal Safety This symbol appears whenever live animals are studied. The safety of the animals and the students must be taken into account
19. Extreme Temperature This symbol appears when you should use caution handling hot objects.
21. Sharp Objects This symbol appears when you will be working with sharp objects and your skin could get cut.
23. Fume This symbol appears when chemicals or chemical reactions could cause dangerous fumes and possible damage to respiratory tract.
25. Chemical This symbol appears wehn chemicals that you will be using can cause burns or can absorb through the skin and cause harm.
27. Electrical Safety Possible danger from electrical shock or burn.
29. Irritant Substances that can irritate the skin or mucous membranes of the respiratory tract.