How To Wrap A. Present . By: April Nevitt ENG 393 December 8, 2009. Table of Contents. Page 3 – Introduction Page 4 – Materials Needed Page 5 – Steps 1-2 Page 6 – Steps 3-4 Page 7 – Steps 5-7 Page 8 – Steps 8-9 Page 9 – Steps 10-11 Page 10 – FAQs Page 11 – Conclusion. 2.
By: April Nevitt
December 8, 2009
Knowing how to wrap a present is important with the holidays approaching. Some people like to take the easy road and use gift bags. This tutorial is for beginners who wish to take the time to gift wrap their presents. It is important to mention that you must use caution when using scissors to avoid any cuts.
NOTE: This tutorial assumes you are using a standard size t-shirt box.
Place the present into the gift box.
Unroll the wrapping paper about three feet, design-side-down on your table (or floor).
Place the gift box up-side-down on the unrolled wrapping paper about two square inches from the corner.
4. Use the scissors to cut a vertical line through the length of the paper about two inches from the box.
5. Move the box to the center of the piece you have cut from the roll.
6. Fold the top of the paper down and the bottom up over the box (the two should overlap).
7. Place a piece of scotch tape where paper overlaps (this may take two pieces).
Fold the excess paper, from the top of the box on the right side, down. This creates a triangle on each edge.
Fold each triangle in towards the box and crease the edge.
10. Fold the same piece up and tape it to the box.
11. Repeat steps 8-10 on the left side.
Where can I find standard wrapping paper?
Standard wrapping paper can be found at most convenience stores such as CVS or Rite Aid. You can also find it at a specialty store like Hallmark. Walmart, Target and Kmart are other locations where you can find wrapping paper.
Will a gift box come with the present when I purchase it?
This depends on where you purchase the present. Many stores will include a gift box with your purchase while some will charge for it.
You now have a gift-wrapped present ready for delivery! Feel free to add ribbon or bows to make the gift fancier. Be sure to label the present so you do not forget who it is for.