WHY ARE WE SITTING HERE UNTIL WE DIE?. Presented by Pastor Tutu Sofowora. WHY ARE WE SITTING HERE UNTIL WE DIE?. 2 Kings 7:3-7
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
WHY ARE WE SITTING HERE UNTIL WE DIE?
Pastor Tutu Sofowora
2 Kings 7:3-7
Now there were four leprous men at the entrance of the gate; and they said to one another, “Why are we sitting here until we die? If we say, ‘We will enter the city,’ the famine is in the city, and we shall die there. And if we sit here, we die also. Now therefore, come, let us surrender to the army of the Syrians. If they keep us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall only die.” And they rose at twilight to go to the camp of the Syrians; and when they had come to the outskirts of the Syrian camp, to their surprise no one was there. For the Lord had caused the army of the Syrians to hear the noise of chariots and the noise of horses—the noise of a great army; so they said to one another, “Look, the king of Israel has hired against us the kings of the Hittites and the kings of the Egyptians to attack us!” Therefore they arose and fled at twilight, and left the camp intact—their tents, their horses, and their donkeys—and they fled for their lives. (II Kings 7:3-7 NKJV)
1. At this time in this story, Israel was besieged by Syria. As a result, there was serious famine in Israel.
2. So severe that people began to kill their children and eat them in order to survive. It was a terrible and a hopeless time. But we are never without a hope because we have a God. We are a covenanted people.
3. So just like God, a word came to the nation that abundance is coming.
2 Kings 7:1 - Then Elisha said, “Hear the word of the Lord. Thus says the Lord: ‘Tomorrow about this time a seah of fine flour shall be sold for a shekel, and two seahs of barley for a shekel, at the gate of Samaria.’ ” (II Kings 7:1 NKJV)
4. I am sure you can understand why the king's right hand man doubted it. From abject poverty to abundance within 24hours. It's impossible.
5. But the bible is full of 24hour miracles. Joseph woke up in prison and by the night of that day, he was sleeping in the palace. I pray for you this morning, God will give you a 24hour miracle. Blind Bartimeus woke up a blind man and slept as a man who can see. Man by the beautiful woke up lame but by the end of that day, he went to bed tired after dancing, and leaping and praising the Lord.
6. So against the backdrop of this prophesy, we now came to the four lepers siting at the gate of the city.
7. This prophesy over the nation has to be fulfilled.
8. The prophecy must come to pass. The word had been released and there must be a fulfillment
Isaiah 55:11 - So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11 NKJV)
9. Isaiah 44:26 - Who confirms the word of His servant, and performs the counsel of His messengers; (Isaiah 44:26 NKJV)
10. Because the word has been released, God has gone ahead to make a way for the fulfillment of that prophecy
11. In my little understanding of God, I have come to know that He is not a magician. He is an orchestrator. He is an arranger. He is a puppet master. He uses situation and people to bring about the fulfillment of His will.
Ephesians 1:11 - In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will
12. Rejoice over every event of your life for God will use them for His glory and bring His purpose to pass in you.
13. God does not work in isolation, He moves through people. So God has gone ahead
14. So the four lepers found themselves siting at the gate of the city. Unbeknown to the them, they were at the verge of destiny.
15. But they sensed restlessness in their spirit; they became uncomfortable with
2 Kings 7:3-4 - Now there were four leprous men at the entrance of the gate; and they said to one another, “Why are we sitting here until we die? If we say, ‘We will enter the city,’ the famine is in the city, and we shall die there. And if we sit here, we die also. Now therefore, come, let us surrender to the army of the Syrians. If they keep us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall only die.” (II Kings 7:3, 4 NKJV)
16. As a child of God, there is a knowing in us to sense when our season is about to change. A sense of this is it. A sense of this is my time. The word is pregnant and has to give birth.
17. In this moment, you must make a decision and follow it with decisive action because they are at the verge of breakthrough
18. So they began to weigh their options. If they entered the city, they will die, if they remain where they were, they will die but if they go to the camp of the Syrians, they can either live or die. They decided to take a calculated risk.
19. They were afraid of going to the camp of the Syrian even though they knew that there was bread there.
20. Sometimes we know that if we make that move to step out, the prospect of a bigger opportunity is there but because of the fear of the unknown, we sit down
21. They decided to go to the camp of the Syrian. To try and failed is better than not to try at all. Many are living in regret. I wish I had done this or that. I wish I had taken my chances when I had it.
22. But the lepers took courage. Courage is not the absence of fear. It is taking action even in the face of your fear
23. When they got to the Syrian camp, alas they were gone. God had caused them to hear the noise of a great army and they have fled.
24. What they were afraid of was actually afraid of them.
25. Fear is like a mirage. It is the trick that the devil plays on our mind. We often found out that what we are afraid of does not even exist
26. So because of their courage, a whole nation was delivered. Someone's deliverance is tied to your obedience and courage
27. If you are the verge of decision, you sense restlessness, don't ignore it. Take it to God in prayers and He would direct you.
Pastor Tutu Sofowora