EXPERT SYSTEM. CIS 430 ( Expert System ) Supervised By : Mr. Ashraf Yaseen Student name : Ziad N. Al-A’abed Student # : 20032174018. Chapter 16 : Designing For Explanation. Overview of this chapter : Reasons for the requirement that the expert system should be “ Transparent ”
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
CIS 430 ( Expert System )
Supervised By : Mr. Ashraf Yaseen
Student name : Ziad N. Al-A’abed
Student # : 20032174018
Overview of this chapter :
Reasons for the requirement that the expert
system should be “ Transparent ”
1. Able to explain their reasoning .
2. Justify their conclusions in manner that is
Intelligible to users .
1. Display the rule .
2. Record rule invocations
3. Use rule indexing .
1. Those that ask WHY a particular question was put .
2. Those that ask HOW a particular conclusion was reached .
2) The Morphology of the organism is rod,and
3) the aerobicity of the organism is aerobic
THEN:There is strongly suggestive evidence(0.8)
that the class of the organism is entrobacteriaceae .
For example : What do you prescribe for pseudomonas infection?
1. The certainty factor .
2. The “tally” value .
3. The last question asked by the system .
1. Make some of the control choices explicit and
2. Open the door to reasoning about problem solving strategy .
1. Strategic knowledge was separate out from the medical knowledge and encoded in meta-rules.
2. Diseases were organized taxonomically .
Note : both of the above kinds of knowledge were kept separate from the rules .
(The basic approach is still based on HURISTIC classification
but representation structure and controls use domain rules . )
1. Casual rules .
2. Trigger rules .
3. Data rules .
4. Screening rule .