A Perfect Partnership: Ensuring a Safe Patient Transition with a Post Discharge Firefighter Visit. Linda Bauermeister BSN RN MAL, Director - Nursing and Population Health PNHS Patti Betlach BSN RN PHN, Director - Palliative Medicine and Community Care PNHS
Linda Bauermeister BSN RN MAL, Director- Nursing and Population Health PNHS
Patti Betlach BSN RN PHN, Director- Palliative Medicine and Community Care PNHS
Steve Koering, Fire Chief - St. Louis Park
May 20, 2014
Participants:1-866-639-0744, no code needed
Linda Bauermeister BSN RN MAL
Director- Nursing and Population Health PNHS
Patti Betlach BSN RN PHN
Director- Palliative Medicine and Community Care PNHS
Fire Chief - St. Louis Park
May 20, 2014
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
a. Improving Population Health
b. Improving the Experience of Care
c. Improving the Affordability of Care
Average of 49 patients go home with no services or with Home Care from Methodist Hospital / day
To construct a process, tools, and measurement plan to pilot post hospital discharge visits by firefighters in April
2014 that addresses all elements of the triple aim.
1. A Future state process flow including the new Post DC Hospital Visit
2. Detailed process flow of the Post DC Hospital Visit.
3. Identified key components of the visit.
4. Identified new structures and plans - i.e. dispatch function at Methodist
5. Creation of Tools needed to complete visit
6. Measurement plan including success measures and surveys
7. Training plan for pilot.
8. Completed visits on March 19 with results/suggestions for improvement
9. Pilot specifics - length of pilot, pilot review plan, next steps plan
Rodger reviewing the patient’s information in preparation for his call to the patient to schedule the visit
“all of the info upon hospital discharge can be very overwhelming and it helps to clarify things in the
comfort of your own home.”
Our patient demographic data
Getting patients to consent
RARE Action Learning Day and Reception
June 17, 2014 (8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
Crown Plaza Hotel- Plymouth, MN
Registration now open!
This is the final webinar for the RARE
To view past webinars visit,