Modeling the Energy Absorption Characteristics of Polyethylene Fiber Composite Materials Team Members: Andrey Andreyev Amelia Davis Advisor : Dr. Michael Hyer
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Modeling the Energy Absorption Characteristics of Polyethylene Fiber Composite Materials
Team Members: Andrey Andreyev
Advisor: Dr. Michael Hyer
The goal of this project is to create a mathematical model using MATLAB to accurately reproduce a wave propagating through a polyethylene beam. The results will be used to determine energy absorption capabilities of the beam and understand how well this material will withstand impact.
Scope of the Project:
- Create models of less complicated systems to
understand physics of the problem
- Evaluate different beam theories and determine which
best fits this material
- Comparison of mathematical model with physical tests
- Physical Model of creep/relaxation of the material
- Load-Displacement Model with found parameters
- Time Permitting, a dynamic, model of displacement and