Black Cohosh. Presentation Created by: Shannon Liu, Anthony Der. Black Cohosh: About the Plant. Cimicifuga racemosa Roots and rhizomes are the basis for the extraction (not the flowers) Can be extracted using alcohols Extracts contain 26-deoxyactein Member of the triterpene glycosides
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Presentation Created by:
Shannon Liu, Anthony Der
11. Office of Dietary Supplements and National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Questions and Answers About Black Cohosh and the Symptoms of Menopause
12. Duke JA: Handbook of Medicinal Herbs. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 2001: 120-121
13. Foster S: Black cohosh: Cimicifuga racemosa: a literature review. HerbalGram 45: 35-49, 1999.
14. Upton, R, ed. Black Cohosh Rhizome Actaea racemosa L. syn. Cimicifuga racemosa (L.) Nutt. Standards of analysis, quality control, and therapeutics. American Herbal Pharmacopoeia and Therapeutic Compendium. Santa Cruz, CA. American Herbal Pharmacopoeia, 2002: 1-38.
15. Judith S. Jacobson, Andrea B. Troxel, Joel Evans, Lorissa Klaus, Linda Vahdat, David Kinne, K. M. Steve Lo, Anne Moore, Pamela J. Rosenman, Elizabeth L. Kaufman, Alfred I. Neugut, and Victor R. Grann Randomized Trial of Black Cohosh for the Treatment of Hot Flashes Among Women With a History of Breast Cancer J Clin Oncol. 2001 May 15;19(10):2739-45
16. Sloan JA, Loprinzi CL, Novotny PJ, et al: Methodologic lessons learned from hot flash studies. J Clin Oncol 19:4280-4290, 2001
17. Pockaj BA, Gallagher JG, Loprinzi CL, Stella PJ, Barton DL, Sloan JA, Lavasseur BI, Rao RM, Fitch TR, Rowland KM, Novotny PJ, Flynn PJ, Richelson E, Fauq AH Phase III double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled crossover trial of black cohosh in the management of hot flashes: NCCTG Trial N01CC1. J Clin Oncol. 2006 Jun 20;24(18):2836-41
18. Newton KM, Reed SD, LaCroix AZ, Grothaus LC, Ehrlich K, Guiltinan, J. Treatment of vasomotor symptoms of menopause with black cohosh, multibotanicals, soy, hormone therapy, or placebo: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2006 Dec 19;145(12):869-79
19. Osmers R, Friede M, Liske E, Schnitker J, Freudenstein J, Henneicke-von Zepelin HH. Efficacy and safety of isopropanolic black cohosh extract for climacteric symptoms. Obstet Gynecol. 2005 Sep;106(3):644