2. Role of Nutrition
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. 1 The presentation is in 2 parts Overall review of nutrition and NCD in Saudi Arabia
Regulation for training and registration for health professionals
2. 2 Role of Nutrition & Food Habits in the NCD Abdulaziz Al Othaimeen, Ph.D.
Nutrition Senior Scientist
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre
3. 3 The sources of the information Dietary Fats & Breast Cancer (Case Control Study)
Prostates Carcinoma: A Nutritional Disease in Saudi Arabia?
Food Habits, Nutritional Status & Disease Patterns in Saudi Arabia
Nutritional Value of Saudi Dishes
National Nutrition Survey
4. 4 Nutrients Intake of Saudis (From Various Food Groups) Sources: Adapted & modified from “Evaluation of the Nutritional Status of the People of Saudi Arabia. Final Report” KACST (1992) and KFSH&RC (1999)
5. 5 Fats Intake The fat consumption over 120 grams per person per days.
50% of it is from meat and dairy products.
Total daily caloric intake 2,786 calories
Fat contribution of about 40%.
The percentage of saturated fat 50% of the total fat intake.
6. 6 Per Capita Intake of Energy, Protein & Fats of Selected Countries
7. 7 Obesity Prevalence (% BMI > 30)
8. 8 Lipid Profile of Breast Cancer Cases and Controls
9. 9 From this preliminary analysis, there is a significant association between Breast Cancer:
Family History of Breast Cancer
10. 10 Incidence of Prostate Cancer by World Region