STRENGTHENING HIRA in INDIAN SYSTEM. FICCI-DMI Interactive Workshop 11-12 Dec, 2008 Ahmedabad G. D. Rath, Multi Disciplinary Centre on Safety, Health & Environment Bhubaneswar . Improvement aspects of HIRA in the Indian System. A part of advanced Safety Management
FICCI-DMI Interactive Workshop
11-12 Dec, 2008
G. D. Rath,
Multi Disciplinary Centre on
Safety, Health & Environment
Safety Policy to be widely publicized and displayed at prominent places.
Safety responsibility of senior management officials to be clearly defined, specially with respect to :
SAFETY CHECK LIST document the defects and take up with the concerned department (Maintenance Management) for rectification.
Date of Inspection: ____________________
Equipment / Area: ____________________
Inspected by : _______________________
Training to be done and appropriate safety measures to be taken.
Organise training for all employees including the sectional in-charges on safety management, accident prevention and investigation and industrial hygiene .
Joint Participation on Safety Management to be done and appropriate safety measures to be taken.
The employees involvement in programme formulation and their implementation should be enhanced through Departmental Safety Committee.
Risk control Measures to be monitored and cost of risk control should be calculated and documented on case to case basis.
Budget back in position.
Statutory provisions should be strictly followed and to be made up-to-date.
ACTS & RULES ON SAFETY, HEALTH & ENVIRONMENT made up-to-date.
1. The Indian Electricity Act-1910(Amended in 2003):
-The Indian Electricity Rules-1956
2. The Indian Boilers Act-1923 :
-The Indian Boilers Regulations-1950
3. The Factories Act-1948 (Amended in 1987):
-Orissa Factories Rules
4. The Mines Act-1952: -The Mines Rules, 1955
-The Coal Mines Regulations, 1957
-The Metalliferous Mines Regulations, 1961
-The Mines Vocational Rules,1966
-The Mines Rescue Rules,1985
-The Mines Creche Rules, 1966
5. Motor Transport Workers Act-1961:
-Motor Transport Workers Rules-1964
6. The Insecticides Act-1968:
-The Insecticides Rules-1971
-The Insecticides Rules-1971
7. The Indian Explosive Act-1884: made up-to-date.
-The Indian Explosive Rules, 1983
-The Static and Mobile Pressure Vessels (Unified) Rules, 1981
-The Gas Cylinders Rules, 1981
8. The Environment (Protection) Act- 1986:
-The Environment Protection Rules,1986
-Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemicals Rules,1989
-Hazardous Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 1989
-Environmental Clearance of Project Notification, 1994
9. Motor Vehicles Act-1968:
-Motor Vehicles (Central) Rules-1989
10. The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act-1974
11. The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Cess Act-1977
12. The Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act-1981
13. The Dangerous Machines (Regulations) Act-1983
14. The Public Liability Insurance Act-1991
15. Building and Other Construction Workers Act-1996
THANK YOU made up-to-date.