A TQM (Time-Quality-Money) Approach to Managing Projects in Health Care Andrew Booth, Reader in Evidence Based Information Practice, Director of Information Resources & Programme Director - FOLIO Programme ([email protected]) For most people TQM = Total Quality Management
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Andrew Booth, Reader in Evidence Based Information Practice, Director of Information Resources & Programme Director - FOLIO Programme ([email protected])
But when I learnt about Time Quality and Money everything I had experienced around project management fell into place…..
E.g. from MLA
Project outcome meeting compulsory programme outcome
Box 1 Summary of dimensions covered by REALISE checklist.
Learning Needs (Handled through Action Learning Set)
1. Lack of commitment/understanding from commissioners
2. Misalignment with organisational objectives
3. Seduction by new technology
4. Failure to secure appropriate quantity/ level of staff resource
5. Incomplete project scope lacking clear definition of the project's benefits and outcomes
6. Lack of attention to project planning.
7. Mismatch (or dislocation) between costs and benefits (“bangs for your buck”)
8. Insufficient funding and incorrect budgeting to meet expectations.
9. Absence of appropriate project management techniques.
10. Lack of knowledge transfer of lessons learnt (“passing the baton”)
i.e. Expectation of Quality
i.e. Mismatch of Quality vs Time and Money
i.e. Mismatch of Expectation vs Delivery ofQuality