SWINE DISEASES ; TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS AND SWINE DISEASE CONTROL POLICIES. Do Son, 23-25/6/2010. OUTLINES. General information Swine disease situation since 2005 Technical solutions for swine disease control and prevention Supportive policies for for swine disease control and prevention.
Do Son, 23-25/6/2010
Source: GSO 2008
In 2020, we need to increase livestock population at least 20% more than now
Source: Epi.Division 2010
a. Passive surveillance:
- Strenghterning reporting system via Internet (TADinfo) from Sub-DAH (provincial level) to DAH (central level).
- With National programmes on HPAI H5N1 control and prevention, district veterinary stations are installed reporting facilities such as computer, fax, printer, etc. These equipment can be used for reporting swine diseases.
b. Active surveillance:
- Implementing National programme for FMD control and eradication during 2006 – 2010.
- To construct a Research Project on tools and solutions for PRRS control and prevention funded by EU with Euro 3.9 millions for 14 countries including Euro 97.7 thousands for Vietnam.
3.3. Veterinary laboratory improvement prevention
- To construct, to consolidate Epi -Labnet belonging to DAH.
- Veterinary laboratories improve equipment, diagnostic reagents, to strengthern eduacation and training on animal disease diagnostics.
- In 2009, DAH appraised and granted free- disease certificates for 63 farms in An Giang, Bắc Ninh, Bình Dương, Đồng Nai, Hà Nội, Hòa Bình and Khánh Hòa.
- To construct VietGAP in pig production
2.5. International collaboration prevention
- Is a member of SEAFMD programme.
- To collaborate with Japan’s NIAH on research H1N1 circulation in pigs since 2009.
Thank you preventionThe end of presentation